One of the items we're going to start talking about more is betting odds around all of the tours, this week we'll focus on the top odds to win the Hero World Challenge and the Mauritius Open (European Tour).
2019 Hero World Challenge - Albany, Bahamas
A few notes here:
- Tiger Woods is the host of this annual event in the Bahamas
- The field only has 18 golfers in it, so it's a pretty safe bet to say everyone is getting a top 20 this week
- The top American golfers in this field are also competing next week in the President's Cup in Australia, something to keep an eye on
Odds to win: (example for Jon Rahm - if you bet $100, you'd win $450)
- Jon Rahm +450
- Justin Thomas +550
- Xander Schauffele +850
- Patrick Cantlay +850
- Tiger Woods +900
- Webb Simpson +1000
- Rickie Fowler +1200
Our pick is going to be either Tiger Woods (+900) or Rickie Fowler (+1200). Yes, this is completely an American bias pick but Tiger won the challenge last night at the Hero and is feeling really good about his game. Rickie was added to the President's Cup once Brooks Koepka withdrew due to an injury, so he has something to prove.
2019 Mauritius Open - Beau Champ, Mauritius
A few notes:
- We had absolutely zero idea where Mauritius was until we googled it.....still confused but here we are
- This tournament will start on December 5th
- The European Tour is allowing players to wear shorts for all rounds and we are absolutely here for it.... bring out the legs who haven't seen sun since they were in their amateur days
Odds to win:
- Thomas Pieters +900
- Thomas Detry +1000
- George Coetzee +1500
- Christiaan Bezuidenhout +1700
- Justin Harding +1700
- Romain Langasque +1700
- Zander Lombard +1700
Our pick this week is going to be a dark horse out of this group with the American Johannes Veerman at +5000 and the South African Brandon Stone at +2000.
For those wondering, Mauritius is located near Madagascar but wow it is gorgeous....
Drew Spuller - @dspuller